The Puget Sound Chapter (PSC) supports local alumni through Chapter infrastructure, the Parent’s Club, and sponsoring Washington state youth for Summer Seminar and STEM camps.
Donations contribute to the Mission of the U.S. Naval Academy Alumni Association Puget Sound Chapter, which is:
TO SERVE AND SUPPORT THE UNITED STATES, THE NAVAL SERVICE, AND THE NAVAL ACADEMY
- By furthering the highest standards at the Naval Academy
- By seeking out, informing, encouraging, and assisting outstanding, qualified young men and women to pursue careers as officers in the Navy and Marine Corps through the Naval Academy; and
- By initiating and sponsoring activities which will perpetuate the history, traditions, memories, and growth of the Naval Academy and bind alumni together in support of the highest ideals of command, citizenship and government.
There are various reasons to donate to the USNA Alumni Association Puget Sound Chapter, some of which include:
- Regardless of what stage in your career you may be, networking opportunities to learn from or teach others about your experience, career path and offer professional advice, runs deep through our chapter.
- We actively seek to mentor all those transitioning from active duty to the reserves and/or a private profession, officers in the fleet navigating their military career and those at the decisional crossroad pondering if they should stay in or transition to the civilian sector, local students interested in attending the Naval Academy and supporting current Pacific Northwest midshipmen who are enduring all the challenges we did while in those white works!
- Sea stories! We offer a captive audience to share your sea stories!
- Fun! We aim to have fun, whether at a local happy hour, during one of our annual events such as the Army-Navy game or picnic or a by attending a virtual event, no one quite knows how to do fun like Academy Alums!
In addition, during the 2020-2021 global pandemic, we were able to continue operations due to generous giving and savings from membership dues years past. Donations like yours sustained us during an economic downturn. We were able to invest in platforms like Zoom, which allowed us to pivot to a virtual platform to continue connecting with others during a time of isolation. Our chapter proudly facilitated a lecture series, hosting more than 15 remarkable guest speakers.
Donations, along with past membership dues, we were also able to waive membership fees during the coronavirus crisis allowing alumni to join our wardroom for FREE! Other engagement activities also included:
- Partnership with the Parents Club of Washington State
- Contribute to Annual Plebe Welcome Event helping to create a support network for the new Mids & their families.
Lastly, we provide a scholarship to summer seminar for underserved local students interested in attending the Naval Academy.
Your donation will support all of the above initiatives and more! Thank you for your generosity! We hope you will also consider becoming a member of our chapter and joining us at some of our upcoming events.
Donate to Puget Sound Chapter
For donations / contributions please note that we are not a 501(c) and as such your donation will not be tax deductible. We are looking into becoming a formal 501(c)